Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove pet urine smell from pebbled area?

Dinomo
Finding My Feet

How to remove pet urine smell from pebbled area?

Hi, I have read some good advice on removal of urine smell from artificial grass, we have a small back yard that has small white stones which has soil underneath.  We have used lime, different disinfectants, all to no avail, the smell is becoming worse.

Any advice would be appreciated.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pet urine smell

Hi @Dinomo,

Thank you for your question and Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

You might like to have a read through this Best Advice article: How do you remove urine smell from artificial grass? for some advice.

This should give you some guidance on what products you can use.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Sorry @DinomoI've just realised your question was on a pebbled area.

In that case, I recommend using the Peerless JAL 1L Attack An Odour Indoor as it is a highly effective odour neutraliser which also contains a pleasant residual fragrance. It works particularly well for urine smells but could take a few applications as it sounds like the area in question is heavily soiled.

I'd also recommend the pet is isolated from the area until the issue is resolved as they will likely continue to use it as their bathroom.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Jacob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to remove pet urine smell from pebbled area?

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dinomo. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful community members.

I hope you found Jacob's replies helpful.

Our dog's toilet is our side yard area which is pebbled, but we don't have the same problem. It sounds like it could be because our area is bigger. I wonder whether it might also be related to how much rain we receive? If you were vigilant about hosing down the area regularly, I would think it might help. 

Please let us know how you go.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you, will give this a try, we hose area every 2nd or 3rd day, however, with such a small area and three small dogs I would imagine the soil is saturated 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects