Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove rocks from garden?

muna
Getting Established

How to remove rocks from garden?

How to remove rock easily from the front yard please help 

3DC83C5A-DA72-42DA-8072-5D59E5506E42.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove rocks from garden?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @muna. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Is there a drainage grate and pit in that area? Perhaps those rocks have been placed there for a reason. If not, then you might like to provide some more details for our members to assist. Were you planning on moving them elsewhere or getting rid of them completely? 

If you wanted to remove them from your property, you might like to consider our Mobile Skip Hire Service. You'll need to hire a skip with a suitable weight limit as stone is quite heavy. Alternatively, you might like to advertise in local community groups the free stones for anyone that removes them.

If you want to transfer the rocks around your yard, I would suggest a good solid pair of gloves, a shovel and a wheelbarrow. Perhaps you might like to invite some friends round for a rock moving barbeque.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
muna
Getting Established

Hi thank for replying to me I really wanna get rid of them n give for free but I have no idea where n how 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@muna,

You could advertise them for free to a good home. Perhaps even let some of your neighbours know they can take them if they want. I'm sure the word will spread quickly.

What were you planning on doing with this area once you had removed the rocks and have you considered using them for a feature in your yard? I'm sure our helpful members could come up with some great options if you had available space. Rocks like these are perfect for around ponds and for creating rockeries. If you were to add a few larger stones for interest and some plants, this area would look fantastic.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects