Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove stain from concrete?

jp171
Just Starting Out

How to remove stain from concrete?

Hi,

I have some merbau deck board pre oiled timber stains on my concrete caused due to heavy rain.

I tried pressure washing it and also use domestos and used the hard brush but it is not coming out.

any idea how can these stain come out? And also once the stain is removed is there a way to protect the concrete from any future stains?

21F2DD39-D1C3-4986-A394-3F99AA0FC3BE.jpeg

FA07171B-B75F-4518-A00A-2C93B2BDD2C6.jpeg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove stain from concrete

Hello @jp171

I suggest using CLR 750ml Oil And Grease Remover. It's formulated to remove oil, grease & tar stains. However, it seems that the timber oil has settled well into your concrete path. Yor other option is to use Intergrain 1L UltraPrep Tannin And Oil Remover. Make sure to give the CLR time to penetrate your concrete path before brushing it off. You can then use your power washer to try and lift the rest of the stains off. I recommend using Crommelin 4L DiamondCoat Water Based Paving And Concrete Sealer to seal your concrete path. 

Please keep us updated with your progress,  we look forward to seeing the oil stains removed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects