Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the metal sheeting under balcony?

fiona1978
Just Starting Out

How to remove the metal sheeting under balcony?

HI , 

We had a company inspection company check the balconies in our building and they noticed some issues that need further investigation. but they need the metal sheeting underneath the balcony to be removed beforehand. do you know how to do that and if you can do the job?

image.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove the metal sheeting under balcony?

Hello @fiona1978 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the metal sheeting under your balcony.

In this particular situation, I recommend engaging the services of a steel fabrication shop with structural engineering consultation included. This kind of repair is quite involved as it will include building scaffolding, re-directing of pedestrian walkways and getting a permit from the local council before you begin your repairs.

I propose preparing yourself should the balcony need major repair. However, if the damage is only cosmetic and is not structural the steel plate will still need to be welded back. 

I recommend talking about the details of the repair service with your engineer.     

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects