Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a loose floor tile?

tangible99
Finding My Feet

How to repair a loose floor tile?

Hi there,

I have a loose/hollow floor tile that can be lifted up just outside my front door. Any tips on how to repair this with minimal effort?

From what I can find online, my options are:

1) Find some sort of glue adhesive and spread it in-between the grooves; or

2) A more involved way would be to try to chisel off the grooves and add a cement based adhesive?

Any further advice would be very much appreciated.

Floor Tile.jpg

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to repair a loose floor tile?

Good morning @tangible99 

When good tiles go bad comes to mind. 😕 

I was just looking up how to remove tile adheasive... And I keep coming back to my first thought. A cold chisel and hammer. And work slowly. You could also use a concrete grinding disc . Concrete masonry discs to show you a range of them.

I would leave the tile as is and not try to remove the glue as I wouldnt want to crack the tile. (Unless you have spares?)

Once you have cleaned it back to the point that you think enough of the glue will be spread eveningly and sit flush with the other tiles use a product like dunlop 2kg wall and floor tile adhesive (You can prob find a smaller quantity :smile: )

Id also like to say a hello and welcome to the Bunnings community :smile: So many questions are answered and so mant interesting projects are posted in here. You will get distracted if you start wandering through the pages :smile:

Dave

Many thanks @Dave-1 for the advice!

Will try and remove the glue that is on the ground but will leave the glue on the tile as is and see how we go.

Cheers!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @tangible99 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your loose floor tile.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Dave-1. His recommendations are spot on, I would only suggest having a look at the Dunlop 1kg Premixed Resaflex Tile Adhesive if you are looking for a smaller quantity of tile adhesive. In regards to grouting, I suggest looking at Dunlop Ready-To-Go grout

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects