Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair my wooden brick driveway?

NZGardenLover
Finding My Feet

How to repair my wooden brick driveway?

Greetings,

I am looking to repair my wooden bricks driveway. Whenever rain pours the wooden bricks on my driveway start floating. So I need some help to repair and fix this issue. Kindly suggest some ideas to fix this.IMG-20220323-WA0005.jpgIMG-20220323-WA0004.jpgIMG-20220323-WA0003.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair my wooden brick driveway?

Hello @NZGardenLover

Thank you for sharing your question about how to repair your wooden brick driveway. I suggest realigning all the pieces that have moved back into their original straight position. Because there is nothing holding the panels in place, the slightest amount of rainwater will make them float. To keep the panels in place, I recommend using Get Growing 45 x 45 x 1200mm Radiata Treated H4 Dressed Tree Stake as a border to keep the timber panels together.

Ideally, you'll want to tighten up the formation of the panels. I propose keeping them snug against each other but not overly tight. The technique is to cut the sharp end of the post and line them up against the timber panels. Use another post as a stake to hold the post in place. I suggest using Zenith 14G x 75mm Galv Hex Head Seal Timber Screws to keep them together. Please make sure to drill pilot holes to prevent splitting the timber.

However, if you still have floating issues, the other option is to install Reln Stretch Drainage Pipe Socked, Slotted 8m on either side to redirect excess rainwater away from your driveway. I've placed an image below for you to have a look at. Please tell me what you think.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects