Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace cord on outdoor umbrella?

Jules64
Just Starting Out

How to replace cord on outdoor umbrella?

The cord on my umbrella has broken and the crank won’t work how do I replace the cord 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to replace cord on outdoor umbrella?

Hi @Jules64,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Can we please trouble you for some photos of your umbrella so we can see what you are working with? If you know the manufacturer and the model of your umbrella, that would also be very handy for our members to be able to provide more specific and helpful advice. 

We trust you will get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: outdoor umbrella

Hi @Jules64

While we're waiting for your umbrella photos, I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How do I fix the winder on my outdoor umbrella? by @janee. On the condition that your winder is still in good working order, you should be able to repair the cord on your umbrella.

Eric

Jules64
Just Starting Out

@Jason and @EricL,

Here are the photos of my umbrella as requested.

U1.jpgU2.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Jules64,

Did you manage to have a read of the discussion that @EricL linked to? He has some great instructions on how to replace the cord. If the broken cord is still in place, you might be able to follow it whilst re-routing the new cord.

Please let us know how you go following @EricL's directions and sing out if you get stuck.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects