Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace damaged seat on an outdoor chair?

Jill38
Just Starting Out

How to replace damaged seat on an outdoor chair?

I want help finding a way to replace seat of a much loved chair

IMG_20221230_124531.jpg  IMG_20221230_124617.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replace seat of chair

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jill38. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about restoring a chair.

Did you want the seat to look original with replacement rattan? If so, there would be a considerable amount of work involved to re-weave it. Are there other matching chairs that it needs to look like or could you perhaps consider adding a timber seat with a nice cushion on top? Restoration-wise it will likely be easiest to cut a section of marine plywood for the seat and fix it to the frame.

I'm keen to hear more about the level of restoration you intend to complete and offer further guidance on how you could achieve it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

There are two chairs and I do not particularly want same.. I was looking for a simple tape like product but of course a wooden would be Ok with an added cushion. I am doubtful I can do that but can try. Thanks! Look forward to how???

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You could perform a functional repair with grey cloth tape @Jill38. If you are not too fussed about the look it would certainly put the chair back into service again.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects