Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore salvaged wicker/cane/bamboo/rattan furniture?

ME_1
Getting Established

How to restore salvaged wicker/cane/bamboo/rattan furniture?

Hi there. Any suggestions as to how to restore these salvaged wicker/rattan/bamboo/cane pieces? They are meant for our own enjoyment. I would just like to cheer them up a little with new cushions and perhaps somehow restore some of the damage that appears to have been caused by pet birds.

The middle table will need to be painted white, I think. Would like suggestions on how to go about that.

However, the cane coloured ones I hope to be able to restore keeping the original cane colour. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

IMG_0951.jpegIMG_0989.jpegIMG_0985.jpegIMG_0980.jpegIMG_0981.jpegIMG_0982.jpegIMG_0983.jpegIMG_0987.jpegIMG_0988.jpegIMG_0953.jpegIMG_0958.jpegBut the cane coloured ones I hope to be able to restore keeping the original cane colour. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Re: How to restore salvaged wicker/cane/bamboo/rattan furniture?

To prep them for paint, I'd recommend giving them a good scrub down with Sugar Soap and a soft bristle brush to remove any dirt and grime @Guesthouse. Flush them off with fresh water and allow them to dry before painting.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects