Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive a sick cycad with fronds discolouring?

Wally47
Getting Established

How to revive a sick cycad with fronds discolouring?

how to revive a sick cycad as its fronds are discolouring

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to revive a sick cycad with fronds discolouring?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Wally47. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Cycad care.

It would be really helpful for our members when trying to diagnose the issue if they could view some images of the plant and hear some details of the care surrounding it. Let me know if you need assistance uploading some pictures.

Were there any notable events that led up to the issue you are seeing? Have you had some particularly dry or wet weather? When was it planted, and when did you first notice the symptoms? Is it the new growth at the top, which is browning, or just the older lower leaves?

Once we are able to see the plant and have some more information, I'll be able to tag our resident gardening experts for their thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wally47
Getting Established

In response to MitchelMc, thanks for your question Re my cycads problem, how to send pics of them?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: In response to MitchelMc, thanks for your question Re my cycads problem, how to send pics of the

Hi @Wally47,

Once you hit reply on a post, you'll notice above where you type there are some text editor buttons. One is a camera that if pressed allows you to insert photos from your device, such as a computer, tablet or mobile phone. 

If you need more extensive directions, you can find them in our Workshop help section.

The guide How to diagnose a sick plant should also assist you.

Thanks,

Jason

Wally47
Getting Established

Re: How to diagnose a sick plant

Hi Jason, My potted cycad is at least 10 yers old. 10 days ago I separated (on advice) two pups from the main plant. Please see photos of the mother plant with discolouring fronts as well as the pups

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Wally47,

I'm sorry but you haven't successfully shared any photos. 

Please hit the reply button on this discussion, and then the camera button, and give it another try. 

Thanks,

Jason

Wally47
Getting Established

Three times  and yet, I couldn't do it....so embarrassing!...is there another way? mi computer/iphone literacy is not that good in this instance Jason....my apologies.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries @Wally47. Feel free to email them to workshop@bunnings.com.au and we can add them to the discussion for you.

Jason

Wally47
Getting Established

Re: In response to MitchelMc, thanks for your question Re my cycads problem, how to send pics of the

See one of the Cycad Pup:Wally47_0-1706674130923.jpeg

Wally47
Getting Established

IMG_4682.jpeg

 another pup extracted from the mother Cycad

IMG_4686.jpeg

Wally47_1-1706674414542.jpeg

See the mother Cycad:

Wally47_0-1706674367593.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects