Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal concrete pot?

allirae
Getting Established

How to seal concrete pot?

I picked up this old pot, I need to give it a clean up, is it worth sealing the paint with something? Can anyone recommend a product? Thanks 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Seal concrete pot?

Hi @allirae,

Why were you looking to preserve the hand-painted design and paint or perhaps to retain moisture? If they've used the correct exterior paint, it should last for many years. You could also repaint it if the paint disintegrates or the colour fades.

If you're going to seal the pot, it might be best to do this from the inside. Moisture escaping from the soil into the concrete and pushing the paint off from the inside will likely cause it to fail first. You can use products like Bondall 750ml Pot And Ornament Sealer for this purpose. You could try this product over the paint as well. I'd advise you to do a test section first before committing to the whole pot.

I'm keen to hear more about your interest in sealing the pot and provide further assistance if needed.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Seal concrete pot?

Thanks for your input, yes was looking to preserve the paint. It looks in pretty good condition but thought it might be worth doing while it’s empty. I will have a look at the sealer you have recommended. Thanks again

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects