Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to securing Windoware roll up outdoor blind?

SuzieR
Just Starting Out

How to securing Windoware roll up outdoor blind?

Hi all,  I've just installed a 180 x 210 Windoware outdoor blind but I'm lost when it comes to the bottom hold downs.  How do you get the blind in and out to roll it up once the hold downs are screwed in?  Is it supposed to stay down permanently if the brackets are used?  Am I missing something obvious?  Appreciate any help!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Securing Windoware roll up outdoor blind.

Hello @SuzieR

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Windoware Outdoor Blind.

The bottom brackets are used to keep the blind in place during windy conditions. You'll notice that at the end of the bottom of the blind are holding pins that slot into the bottom brackets. If I recall correctly they are spring-loaded and if you push them in with your thumb, they will sink in. Both sides of the bottom axle will have this feature. 

When locking the bottom part of the blind in the brackets, you'll notice that the brackets are concave and shaped to receive the pins, which sink in and pop out to lock it in place. There are two methods to release the bottom axle, one is to press the pin in and pull one side of the axle out. The second method is to push the axle body to the left allowing you to slide the right side of the axle out of the bottom bracket. I'll double-check with Windoware on the release methods and get back to you if I've missed anything.  

Give those methods a try and if you're still having difficulty releasing them, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SuzieR
Just Starting Out

Thanks for your response!

These pins are definitely not spring loaded, they're as solid as a rock - they don't move at all.  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SuzieR

My apologies that my first suggestion did not work. Thanks so much for checking that for us. The only other method I can think of is the lifting of the bottom bracket to release the bottom axle. For example, you've installed the blind and have screwed in the bottom brackets that hold the bottom axle in place. Place your thumb in the concave part of the bottom bracket and slightly lift it to allow the axle and pin to slide out. The bottom bracket should be flexible enough to accommodate the lifting.

Give this method a try and if it proves ineffective, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects