Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to start my outdoor D.I.Y. project?

annegurung
Finding My Feet

How to start my outdoor D.I.Y. project?

B8306178-89E4-45EB-A95B-66447FC76CA2.jpeg

3rd design 

31F024E2-B9A2-461E-8D61-BC14206DE5C7.jpeg

1st /2nd

2B2FA4D5-30BF-444A-8AFB-BF7D277CADC7.jpeg

as you see above I don’t know what to start with can someone give me an idea I am thinking more towards the third design ?  What should I do first ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: i need help i dont know where to start ?

Hello @annegurung

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about where to start.

It seems that you are trying to decide on your D.I.Y. project. Would it be possible for you to provide a bit more detail on what you are planning to do? Are you thinking of revamping the side gardens with trees and shrubs? Do you wish to install solar lights along the garden wall? Do you want to change the look of your fence line? Please remember that there are no silly questions so I suggest asking as many questions as you can.

We look forward to hearing what your D.I.Y. plans are.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi,

thank you for replying, yes I am thinking of revamping to this style ? But I wasn’t sure if I keep the brick or take out the tree as I wan make a fireplace in the middle of the sides and put more plants and stuff like this one ? 

EE049FAB-5CCE-44AA-B877-A848CF0F7CF9.jpeg

Yes n some solor lights

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @annegurung

It's great to hear that you're looking for an outdoor entertaining area with a fire pit. Before you start removing your plants and digging, I suggest making a plan to see how big you want the entertainment area to be. Then you can decide what kind of pavers you want to use and the style of seating you want to put in. The last part will be to choose how big your fire pit will be. 

Here is a handy link for ideas and inspiration: Fire pit outdoor entertaining areas.

Here are some amazing firepit entertainment projects our Workshop members have shared.

There are many types of solar lights and they come in different shapes and sizes. However, if you are after something similar to what you posted, the closest one I can see is the Solar Magic Martello Solar Path Light. But I strongly suggest visiting the store so that you can see all the models available.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

The Plants can I really take out all the trees and plants ? I am worried it might die . I might plan thank you 

Hi @annegurung,

As per Eric's message, I think it will be really important to come up with a plan and perhaps a sketch or design before you pick up a tool. How to plan a garden makeover by @Adam_W should be a great place to start. Adam's guide How to build a fire pit should also be helpful when you are a little further down the track.

Hope that helps. We look forward to seeing how you can transform your garden.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects