Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to tighten line on Sunfresh retractable clothesline?

Dan2
Finding My Feet

How to tighten line on Sunfresh retractable clothesline?

Hi. One of the lines on my Sunfresh retractable clothes line is slack. Can I tighten it in some way?

Thanks

Dan2sorry it's sideways!!sorry it's sideways!!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to tighten line on Sunfresh retractable clothesline?

Hi @Dan2

Thank you for sharing your question about how to tighten your Sunfresh 4 Line Retractable Clothesline. Sometimes retractable clotheslines have independent tensioning spindles. I suggest trying this method first. Pull the bar and engage it on the post at the other end. Leave the tension knob in the unlocked position. Pull down on each line to reset the tension on each line. Another method is to turn the tension knob into the locking position in quick succession. This sometimes engages the tension spring in the spindle to tighten up the lines. 

If neither of these methods is effective your other choice is to manually adjust the line on the arm end. Look carefully at the bar and see if there is an access point. If there are none you will have to remove one of the plastic ends to gain access to the laundry line. Lock the tension knob in place and provide slack so that you can slide the laundry line out and reposition the staying knot on the line.  

Please keep us updated with your progress,  we look forward to seeing your clothesline fixed and ready for use.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dan2
Finding My Feet

thanks for the information Eric. I had a go at all of them but alas, nothing worked. So I took myself to Bunnings and bought a better model - the Hills Retractable Line. It works a treat.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dan2

I'm sorry none of my suggested methods worked. But it's good to hear that you got yourself a new working pull out clothesline. The Hills Retractable set should provide you with years of service.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects