Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat brown spots on tree leaves?

SamKaz
Finding My Feet

How to treat brown spots on tree leaves?

Hi, 

I have a tree whose leaves have suddenly started turning brown and brown spots are appearing on it. I think this has started happening ever since I prune this tree, does anyone know how to treat it? 

Photos are attached 

IMG_20240114_123919.jpg

IMG_20240114_123917.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Brown spots on tree leaves

hi @SamKaz 

Looks  like some beans with brown  spots  just posted.  Same  approach to my mind.

It looks like bacterial   spot and is common on a variety of  plants and  can be spead by water splahing on the leaves .AKA  heavy rains

I would pull off the  most effected  leaves and  treat the rest  with  Copper fungicide to try  contriol the spread.

Try water the root zone not the leaves. Clean up and dead  leaf matter on the ground.

Yates 200ml Liquid Copper Fungicide

$21.54

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SamKaz,

Would you happen to know the variety of tree, as that might help our members narrow down possible afflictions?

It's great to see that @Jewelleryrescue has already provided some advice. Let me also mention a couple more of our knowledgeable gardening members, @Noelle and @mich1972, to get their thoughts.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @SamKaz 

Diagnosing a problem is difficult without a few more details!

Do you happen to know what the tree is? What is your location?  What aspect does the tree face? What is your watering and feeding program (if any)? What's the soil like = does it hold a lot of moisture after rain, for example?

When we know a little more, we can give a more accurate idea of what the problem may be and potentially how you can prevent it from getting worse.

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@MitchellMc  Hard to tell, not sure what the tree is. I’m wondering if it’s in a wet, humid area and it’s a fungal problem. At this stage I’m not sure sorry. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects