Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How would I make this bird bath please?

Roleyfam
Just Starting Out

How would I make this bird bath please?

Hello, we live in an area with lots of coffee rock and would like to use them as a structure for a bird bath. What products 

should we use? Is there an additive to make the concrete match the rocks?

We're thinking plastic or sealer might be necessary to hold the water but happy to manually fill and clean. Any tips appreciated :smile:

Bird Bath.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How would I make this bird bath please?

Hello @Roleyfam

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about how to build a bird bath.

I suggest using a timber frame and building it in an octagonal shape. I propose using the RESPECT 60cm Light Grey Green Earth Tapered Low Bowl Planter as the bird bath itself. The best part is that you can take the bird bath out and give it a good wash when it gets dirty or you can install a small solar-powered pump to keep the water moving. 

I propose using the bowl planter as a reference for your timber frame. The general idea is to build the frame and then cover it with cement sheeting. Once the cement sheeting is in place you can begin glueing the stones in place with mortar mixed with oxide.

Let me call on our experienced members @diy_hausdesigns and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects