Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How would you do a deck here? ideas? approximate cost? pictures of similar if possible.

TaraK
Finding My Feet

How would you do a deck here? ideas? approximate cost? pictures of similar if possible.

I want to put a deck out from house. If i don't go all the way out to fence line, I will put a bark garden there. between fence and deck. PS having trouble downloading extra photos. Will try in comments section. Thanks.IMG_3338.jpeg

TaraK
Finding My Feet

Re: How would you do a deck here? ideas? approximate cost? pictures of similar if possible.

The other sideIMG_3339.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How would you do a deck here? ideas? approximate cost? pictures of similar if possible.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TaraK. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

The first step to building a low-level deck would be determining what height you have to work within. This is normally dictated by the height at which your door is positioned, as generally, you wouldn't want to step out your door and up onto the deck. Could you let us know the height of the concrete to your doorsill? You might like to start by reading through this guide: How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W. Within it, you'll find loads of helpful advice on constructing a deck.

Costs will differ depending on what size joists you use and the type of decking you choose. There are budget-friendly options like treated Pine or more premium hardwood varieties like Merbau. Since the area looks a bit uneven, you'll find these adjustable pedestal feet very useful in creating a level base to build the deck.

I trust you'll find what our Make It Happen team achieved in this spectacular backyard makeover truly inspirational. There are plenty of ideas that you could use in your own space. Our Top 10 most popular deck projects are a great place to see some of the fabulous decks our community members have created.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects