Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for parking motorhome beside the house?

Skete
Just Starting Out

Ideas for parking motorhome beside the house?

I'm looking for ideas for parking a motorhome beside the house. It's currently grass and fairly flat. I'm not concerned with saving the grass, but don't want to lay a concrete slab (run off), or do any major earthworks like digging, leveling and compacting. It has to travel over the rest of the front lawn to get to the road, so I'm trying to avoid gravel that will get picked up in the tyres. Have been thinking about laying weed mat with that plastic 'egg crate' stuff filled with small pebbles. It would need to have a timber edging to keep it all together. Ideas anyone?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for ideas

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Skete. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a parking pad.

I like the idea of using the Cirtex PebbleLock 0.5m² Permeable Pavers or Strol 0.5m² SurePave Plastic Pavers and filling with larger pebbles. We also have the Adbri Masonry 420 x 315 x 90mm Natural Turf Grid Paver if you want to keep the grass there as well.

Could you use two lines of pavers positioned where the wheels would go? Or another idea would be to use Matrix 1200 x 400 x 40mm Charcoal Fast Floor Panel. You might want to check they'd be suitable for the weight of your motorhome first, though. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects