Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas to enclose patio

amclaughlin09
Growing in Experience

Ideas to enclose patio

Good morning everyone,

We are currently doing renovations to our backyard, I am looking for ideas on enclosing one side of our patio area. The area to be covered is 3.4m w x 2.2m h. We were looking at the outdoor blinds, but were hoping for something a little more secure and also were worried about the wind factor as we get a strong breeze come through during storms etc.

Just wondering if anyone has used the laser cut screens for making sliding/stacking doors? We are hoping for a budget option, as the backyard is going to cost us quite a lot due to the house having no backyard landscaping done when we moved in, as old mate had lost his job shortly after building... (190+ sqm of backyard is hard work when it comes to sand and wheat problems). 

Open to all ideas, thanks guys :smile: 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ideas to enclose patio

Hi @amclaughlin09,

Bistro blinds are designed to cope with strong breezes which are a regular occurrence wherever they are installed. The panel gets screwed to a post or wall on either side of the blind to secure it in place. You can then unzip it and roll it up for access.

I believe you'll find most laser cut panels are 1800mm tall and won't cover your required height. This could be worked around if you installed a beam at 1800mm high and then used solid none movable panels above it. The track system could be installed on the beam and the ground to allow the lower panels to slide.

You might like to post a picture of the space which could give members a better idea of what you are working with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell,

Sorry it took so long to reply, I got locked out of my account for a while with not being able to log in through Facebook.

Great help, thank you again.

No worries @amclaughlin09. Please let us know if you ever have any trouble signing in or getting the most from the site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects