Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted for my porch

Mwilson
Getting Established

Ideas wanted for my porch

A8DF01EF-871E-4DBF-93E2-3D7858A284D7.jpeg

 looking for some cool ideas for my front porch with a little privacy too thank you please help :smile: 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ideas wanted for my porch

Hi @Mwilson,

Could you please tell us a little more about your goals for this project so we can provide more helpful suggestions?

For example, did you want privacy so you can enjoy the outdoor furniture on the porch or do you need privacy in your front room? Do you want to change the colours? And how would you like to use this space in future? 

It might also be helpful to see a wider photo of what is in front of the porch. Perhaps there is also an opportunity to add planting to the front?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mwilson
Getting Established

image.jpg

Front window is lounge don’t need privacy there maybe no privacy ? I just want a whole bunch of ideas chucked together from everyone. This page is great lol. Our front fence is really low at the moment so that is the only reason I wanted privacy but that’s getting done to be higher so won’t really need privacy. Here’s some photos of my front porch I also have kids and the steps give me anxiety haha if anyone can suggest Ideas for that to maybe? I feel it’s just such a small awkward area 

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Mwilson

I suggest having a look at the Matrix Panels, these are UV stabilised for long outdoor life. They can be cut to size using a wood saw if required. It will not rot, rust or get eaten by insects and is covered by a 15-year structural warranty. The best part is that it is made from 100% recycled plastic.

Another item you can put on your porch is SpecRite 600 x 33mm 1.8m Fence Panel Merbau Pre Oiled. These panels are pre-oiled for 360 degree protection with Feast Watson® Industrial Timber Oil. They are joined together by weather-resistant, A-Bond glue and they use only select grade, kiln-dried timber for stability and high quality, premium appearance.

My only other suggestion is to put in Coolaroo 1.83m Stone UV90+% People Cover Shade Cloth. You can build a frame for it so that you can swing it open just like the Matrix Panels. By adding these covers to the outside porch you'll be able to get some privacy and use your sitting area while you relax.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @Mwilson,

Great to see you've received some helpful advice from Eric. Let me tag some other Workshop members to see if they can share their thoughts: @prettyliving@Tara86@TedBear and @diy_hausdesigns.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects