Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing a new Colorbond fence

WK71
Getting Established

Installing a new Colorbond fence

Hi I'm just looking at eventually replacing my fencing with colorbond fencing and just wondering how hard to install the fencing is.

My land slopes down hill.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Install colorbond fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @WK71. It's amazing to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Building a Colorbond fence on flat ground is an easy process. However, on a slope, it can be more difficult. You can either go with a stepped look or a sloped approach. When stepping the panels, it creates a staircase appearance and gaps can be noticeable under the panel at one end. When creating a sloped fence, you might need to cut the panels to suit, and if you are not confident in doing so, it would be worth employing a professional's services.

The amount of fall over the slope can determine the best approach. If you'd like to post some images of the area, our helpful members will be able to give you their opinions.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How To Install A Colorbond Fence.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects