Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing awning onto Hebel wall

binodn
Finding My Feet

Installing awning onto Hebel wall

I want to attach an awning above the laundry. But the wall is hebel. What types of anchors or screws would work best for this type of walls? Are there any videos?  

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Installing awning onto hebel wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @binodn. Thanks for jumping in with this question.

I'm sure that @MitchellMc and @redracer01 will have some advice for you.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing awning onto hebel wall

Hi @binodn,

Could you please let us know some specifications on the awning that you are installing? Weight, size, and what type of mounting holes it has would all be helpful. Can you also let us know whether the Hebel wall is constructed from block or panels and how thick those panels are? You might also like to contact the awning supplier to find out if their product is suitable to be installed on a Hebel wall. If it is one of our products, I would be more than happy to do that for you.

Awnings can put an immense amount of force on a wall as most of their weight is supported out away from the wall. So, an awning that weighs 15kg might be putting 50kg worth of force on the wall at the fixing point. It is not generally recommended you fix heavy items to a Hebel wall.

I look forward to hearing more about your project and offering some assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects