Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ironbark vertical batten fence for the ultimate kerb appeal

DIY4Knuckleheds
Making a Splash

Ironbark vertical batten fence for the ultimate kerb appeal

Bunnings 29.jpg

The front of our house needed a new fence as the old one, which was probably built in the Jurassic Period, was looking a little tired and unappealing. After some thought in regard to adding some street appeal to our property, and since we live in a beachside village, we decided on a fence built out of Ironbark in the style of 40 x 40 vertical battens which lends itself the the beachside vibe.

YouTube Thumbnail copy 2.pngBunnings 34.jpgBunnings 30.jpgBunnings 31.jpgBunnings 35.jpgBunnings 33.jpgBunnings 26.jpgBunnings 27.jpgBunnings 28.jpgBunnings 1.jpgBunnings 2.jpg

Bunnings 3.jpgBunnings 4.jpgBunnings 5.jpgBunnings 6.jpgBunnings 7.jpgBunnings 8.jpgBunnings 9.jpgBunnings 10.jpgBunnings 11.jpgBunnings 12.jpgBunnings 13.jpgBunnings 14.jpgBunnings 15.jpgBunnings 16.jpgBunnings 17.jpgBunnings 18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg23.jpg25.jpg26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg29.jpg30.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ironbark vertical batten fence for the ultimate kerb appeal

Hello @DIY4Knuckleheds 

Thank you very much for sharing such an awesome fence build. I'm in amazement at all the extra details that you've put into the fence, such as the 90-degree bend in the run. The beautiful, rounded profile on each iron bark piece is just fantastic. The counter sunk pilot holes and the decking oil on each screw just shows you that you wanted this to come out perfect. It really draws the eye with its sophisticated look. I'm sure our members will find this design very inspirational.

Again, thank you for sharing such an excellent fencing project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

G'day Eric,

Thanks for the reply mate and l'm glad you liked the fence.

Cheers,

Shane 👍😁🇦🇺

Amazing fence @DIY4Knuckleheds!

You have really transformed your front lawn and given your home some added curb appeal. I like how you have made your process visually easy to follow and it makes me feel like I could do it too. Thank you for sharing this awesome project and I cannot wait to see what you do with the landscaping. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Appreciate the feedback Katie 👍😁

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@DIY4Knuckleheds 

Now thats a nice solid looking fence! :smile: I do like how you have put it together. Is there a reason you put the right angles into it? It makes for a striking feature and would stop it from wobbling (I have a jagged front fence line that I will be doing a similar thing to) It will last for years! :smile:

Dave

@Dave-1 

G'day Dave....glad you liked it mate 😁 The reason for the right angles is just to add some interest to an otherwise fairly run of the mill front fence. If you go through all the photos you'll notice that where l have set the fence in, l have added in garden beds which further enhances the look of the fence.

Cheers,

Shane 👍🇦🇺

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

It's a beautiful job @DIY4Knuckleheds, and a  wonderful sight among all that colorbond!

Congratulations on a patient & highly skilled result (I hope there are no painful after effects from that cuppa when you were counter-sinking! 🤭😂

Thanks Tyro 👍😁 Those extra tannins from the Ironbark gave a cuppa a little bit of a kick 🤣

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects