Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

It's a big country

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a big country

The new Palmerston Bunnings Warehouse was officially opened this week, and Darwin residents are rapt that Big Kev the dinosaur escaped extinction and will oversee the store for the years to come. 

Big Kev is a brachiosaurus which has been a local attraction since 2007. 

Bunnings property director Andrew Marks said the team understood the importance of Big Kev to the local community and were excited to have "reassembled him in a position where the community can continue to enjoy him".

From the Big Apple and Big Banana to the Big Wine Cask and Big Wool Bales, I have always absolutely loved the big attractions around Australia. As a kid I must have driven my parents crazy on car trips, constantly begging for a lengthy detour just so we could see some crazy fibreglass creation like the Big Pineapple and grab a tacky souvenir and a postcard. 

Big Kev isn't the first big icon that Bunnings has saved. Bunnings Ballina is home to the much-loved Big Prawn after he was saved from demolition.  

The two big icons have made me wonder whether every Bunnings Warehouse should have a big mascot overseeing the carpark. Perhaps you'd like to nominate one for your local store! I'll send out a Bunnings corduroy cap to the most creative suggestion below. 

BigKev.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MonkeyLearn
Cultivating a Following

Re: It's a big country

Big Sausage on Bread

The Big Prawn at Ballina is certainly a sight to behold. I'd personally like to see the mascot from local sporting clubs being used at the stores, of course with their permission. I know my home store works very closely with Blowfly Cricket and I think a Giant Blowfly would make a fantastic icon for the location. I know the kids from Blowfly Cricket would love to see their mascot whilst they're cooking BBQ's there on the weekend.

Mitchell

Great to see the Big Prawn getting a new paint job over the last fortnight.

Jason

345198293_1368357243897834_8191357883260906351_n.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects