Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low-level deck build under Bowranda

Riwag
Just Starting Out

Low-level deck build under Bowranda

IMG_20220324_111003.jpg

I'm planning to build a deck, the dimensions are Length 4.58m (between the cuts in the concrete, Width 3.58m, Height 0.13m.
What structure would you suggest?
Regards Richard

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Low-level deck build under Bowranda

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Riwag. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on deck construction.

A fabulous place to start planning your project would be with this article on How to build a low-level deck. I'd then encourage you to look at all the outstanding deck projects our members have contributed. There's plenty of information that will be helpful when constructing your deck.  

For a working height of 130mm, I'd suggest 19mm decking and 90 x 45mm L/M Outdoor Framing MGP10 H3 Treated Pine as the joists. The joists can be raised the additional 21mm above the concrete with plastic spacers and connected to the concrete with angle brackets and Dynabolts. Your joists will be spaced at 450mm centres across the deck's width.

Check out our Top 10 most popular deck projects for more inspiration. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance creating your plan or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects