Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low-lying deck and privacy screen

WendyL
Building a Reputation

Low-lying deck and privacy screen

D5580F20-DC91-41C5-B2A5-6E3A7118E51F.jpeg

I have recently completed a low lying deck using Eco deck and Merbau Slat Fence panels. This was a courtyard with an awkward layout making the area unusable and undesirable.  Building the deck maximised the usable space and the colour looks amazing.  The timber panels created a very nice looking privacy screen and blocked out the hideous fence, the best part is they are pre fabricated so results are almost instant.

This was a project that I was determined to do mainly on my own, and after watching a lot of YouTube and borrowing my partners tools, I slowly chipped away at this, working through what seemed at first, difficult steps to be attempting for the first time on my own, to eventually achieving the finished product. There were a couple of tricky parts where my partner helped, but I’m proud to say this is about 95% all my work! 

Instagram: standbackimhavinganidea

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: I Built A Deck

Hello @WendyL 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for sharing your diy project with us. It looks wonderful and is now definitely usable. I reckon with a few outdoor furniture pieces this can become a nice little relaxation spot. We look forward to any future projects you may have and if you need any assistance please post it here on workshop. 

Cheers, 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I Built A Deck

Congratulations @WendyL. What a fantastic result to transform a previously awkward space into something that you can enjoy using. It would be great if you could share more about what you learned during the project as I'm sure there will be Bunnings Workshop members who are inspired by what you have done. We've featured your handiwork on our Project Gallery so it gets the attention it deserves.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. What do you have planned next?

Please post anytime you have something to share or need a hand. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our wonderful community.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Low-lying deck and privacy screen

Love it !!!! So nice to be in this area @WendyL 🌿💚

JF
Just Starting Out

Well done

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JF. It's great to see you jump straight in and join a discussion. Let me tag @WendyL so she is alerted to your praise.

Are you looking to tackle an outdoor project yourself? Please feel free to hit Start a discussion to share your project plans or ask for advice. We're here to help.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ekodeck
Getting Established

Great work @WendyL ! You've done an awesome job! Great to hear you liked using Ekodeck and our Quickfix system :smile: 

ennoh
Building a Reputation

Fantastic work Wendy!!!    I have almost finished ripping up similar decking and it's seriously hard work!    I hope you don't change your mind on anything you have done as nailed in decking is a bugger to remove,

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects