Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low-lying deck

Frank13
Just Starting Out

Low-lying deck

Hi 

i am going to build a low lying deck and just like to know the size of timbers I should be using 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: low lying deck

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Frank13. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

The timber you need to use depends on how you will be constructing the deck's structure. I suggest the best place to start planning your deck would be by reading through @Adam_W's article on How to build a low-level deck. You should also find this step-by-step guide useful: How to build a deck

You might like to provide some images of the area, details of the total height you have to work within and what you'll be building it over, and some dimensions of your deck. This will allow our members to provide advice on what timber you could use. Ideally, it would be best to use the largest timber that fits within your height restrictions but still allows for adequate drainage and airflow beneath it.

I look forward to hearing the additional details of your project and assisting along the way.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Frank13
Just Starting Out

low deck

I have already posted I am in the process of building a low lying deck it measures approx 9.6 mtrs  long by 4.0 mtrs wide working from left to right 9.6 mtrs long it will attach to my kitchenette but I only have approximately 110 mm high , I was thinking of using 90 x 45 treated pine if so were would I need supports ,? 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: low deck

Hi @Frank13,

Thanks for reaching out to the community with your question. Feel free to add any extra questions, images or updates within the same discussion so that members who are following along can get a fuller picture of your project.

I see from your previous post that @MitchellMc is ready to help with this project. Thanks so much for sharing the dimensions that you're working with. He'll be more than happy to assist when he's back on the site on Friday.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Let me tag @Adam_W and @DIYgals to see if they have any suggestions to share.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects