Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Matrix Fence Extensions for a capped pailing fence

lestercd
Finding My Feet

Matrix Fence Extensions for a capped pailing fence

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to extend the height of my fence by installing Extensions by Matirx. But I have a capped fence, would it be possible to install since the capping is not flush with fence boards.

Thank you

LesterCappedFence.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Matrix Fence Extensions for a capped pailing fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lestercd. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Matrix extensions.

It is possible to install the Matrix extension in this circumstance, but you'll need to make some slight modifications.

What is the distance between the boards' surface and the edge of the capping? I suspect you'll need to attach a piece of timber to the fence first. This will bring the mounting surface flush with the capping or slightly proud of it. Perhaps something like Woodhouse Weatherproof 42 x 18mm 5.4m DAR PR4 H3 LOSP Treated And Primed Finger Jointed Pine Mouldin... could be used. I've put together an image below to illustrate.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks you very much Mitch

The distance between the edge of the capping and the board surface is 25mm.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @lestercd,

Thank you for providing us with the gap measurement. I suggest using 50 x 25mm Rough Sawn Treated Pine. It is an H3 Treated Pine, durable, and very versatile. It has long-term resistance to decay, insects, and other wood-destroying organisms. It's commonly used for many outdoor above-ground projects. Please make sure to call your store for stock availability.

We look forward to seeing the start of your project. If you need more information please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects