Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Matrix screens used as pergola shade

Nova1
Getting Established

Matrix screens used as pergola shade

Hi handypersons

just wondering if I can use Bunnings Matrix screens on the roof of the pergola to create shade?

Also any ideas on making this roof weatherproof to use the area when it rains?

thankyou in advance for any suggestions!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Matrix screens used as pergola shade

Hello @Nova1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about using the Matrix screens as pergola shades.

That is a very interesting way of putting shade in your pergola. I suggest combining Suntuf Solar Grey 2.4m Polycarbonate Roofing on the top and the Matrix 1800 x 900 x 6mm Charcoal Ferns Screen Panel at the bottom. This will weatherproof the area from light to heavy rain. However, if you wish it to be discreet I recommend using Sunlite10 Twinwall x 2.4m Clear Polycarbonate Roofing. Its flat profile will be difficult to see compared to the Polycarbonate Roofing.

I suggest visiting your local store so that you can see these materials for yourself. They both have very long warranties and are made of inorganic materials making them impervious to rot, rain, and UV rays. If you decide to proceed with your project, any updates you can provide while putting them on would be much appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects