Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project

LaCasaDIY
Having an Impact

Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project

Hi everyone 😊

I just wanted to share our outdoor renovation project my husband and I completed recently. We mostly used products from Bunnings of course. Our aim was to achieve a Mediterranean aesthetic and brighten the space with lots of white and texture.

It now looks so much lighter and airy. It's actually feels more inviting. We now spend more time outdoors than ever.

We spray painted the Jambuck BBQ to white and we reused the pendants and spray painted those too. The outdoor lounge was a marketplace find which we also painted white and added the timber frames to warm them up a little and also to match the style we wanted. The dining table a marketplace rescue, was left as is. 

To add a bit of warmth to an all white palette, I added blonde woods, textures and painted some of our pots terracotta. The fence screens also from Bunnings were spray painted white.

Some products listed below. Would love to hear your thoughts 😁

20211130_114958-01.jpegAFTER20211130_115146-01.jpeg20211130_115655-02.jpeg20211130_115025-01.jpeg

The before was alright but it lacked the brightness and relaxing holiday feel. 

FB_IMG_1633999831122.jpgFB_IMG_1633999817533.jpgBEFOREFB_IMG_1633999838632.jpg

PRODUCTS WE USED;

Terrazzo Classic 60x60  FL 0271126 Tile.jpegTiles - Duratile 60 x 60cm Terrazzo

Classic Porcelain Floor Tile - Carton 3

$25.92 per carton

Aerosol_12oz_2X_Ultra_Cover_White.pngPendants & Screens - Rust-Oleum 340g 2X Ultra Cover

Paint+Prime Gloss White Spray Paint

$14.39

1cf25cc8a120568a2791f25ad2563e5e3de70f65.jpeg

Jumback BBQ - Dulux 300g Metalshield

Epoxy Enamel Spray Paint Flat White

$12.90

s-l1600.jpg Pots - Crommelin 1L Liquidstone Terracotta

$26.90

MF04612.jpgLounge Primer - Dulux 1L PRECISION

Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White

$40.30

6271779-1_2.jpgDulux 4L Exterior Paint

Weathershield Low Sheen Vivid White

$88.50

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project

Hi @misszoe111

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Isn't it such a wonderful area to relax in? Let me tag @LaCasaDIY to make them aware of your kind words. The first time I saw it, I immediately thought they were sharing a picture of their holidays, turns out it was just at home! Are you planning on making your own Mediterranean getaway? 

If you have any questions about this project we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
theparlourroom
Having an Impact

Wow!!!! What a gorgeous transformation. I understand why you love spending time out there now. Well done!! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LaCasaDIY,

Great to see how popular and inspiring your project has been to the Bunnings Workshop community. It has nearly 7000 views to date. Congrats!

We thought it would make a great entry for our Australia's Best D.I.Y. Project competition. Let us know if you are happy for us to add your project as an entry. 

Thanks again for sharing,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you to both of you for such kind words. It sure does feel like a holiday everyday in our backyard :smile:

Hi @Jason Jason. I would love to be part of this competition with such great company of other DIYers :smile: Please feel free to add my project as an entry. Much appreciated. Have a great day.

Thank you. The TV is usually covered with DIY sleeve I made for it to cover it from the elements, water, dust etc, but also to protect it when using the BBQ. So it works for us. Unfortunately it was the only spot we could put it in to work with the layout :smile: 

Thank you for your kind feedback! x

Electrikel
Just Starting Out

What a great place to entertain, very modern and stylish.

Love the basic affordable products to create a welcoming and relaxing setting.
Thankyou for the inspiration.

10/10

Jesse1
Having an Impact

@LaCasaDIY 

I see that you used Dulux Precision on your lounge. Was that the poly cane and if so, what top coat did you use?  We have a dark grey/brownish cane setting that could do with lightening up. 

Your outdoor area looks very inviting!  

Hi @Jesse1 

Apologies for not replying earlier. Yes it is poly cane and we used the Dulux Weather Shield in vivid white as the top coat. It is great for exterior use and the Bunnings staff member suggested it was perfect for the outdoor set. Remember to apply the primer first.

Hope this helps. Good Luck :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects