Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project

LaCasaDIY
Having an Impact

Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project

Hi everyone 😊

I just wanted to share our outdoor renovation project my husband and I completed recently. We mostly used products from Bunnings of course. Our aim was to achieve a Mediterranean aesthetic and brighten the space with lots of white and texture.

It now looks so much lighter and airy. It's actually feels more inviting. We now spend more time outdoors than ever.

We spray painted the Jambuck BBQ to white and we reused the pendants and spray painted those too. The outdoor lounge was a marketplace find which we also painted white and added the timber frames to warm them up a little and also to match the style we wanted. The dining table a marketplace rescue, was left as is. 

To add a bit of warmth to an all white palette, I added blonde woods, textures and painted some of our pots terracotta. The fence screens also from Bunnings were spray painted white.

Some products listed below. Would love to hear your thoughts 😁

20211130_114958-01.jpegAFTER20211130_115146-01.jpeg20211130_115655-02.jpeg20211130_115025-01.jpeg

The before was alright but it lacked the brightness and relaxing holiday feel. 

FB_IMG_1633999831122.jpgFB_IMG_1633999817533.jpgBEFOREFB_IMG_1633999838632.jpg

PRODUCTS WE USED;

Terrazzo Classic 60x60  FL 0271126 Tile.jpegTiles - Duratile 60 x 60cm Terrazzo

Classic Porcelain Floor Tile - Carton 3

$25.92 per carton

Aerosol_12oz_2X_Ultra_Cover_White.pngPendants & Screens - Rust-Oleum 340g 2X Ultra Cover

Paint+Prime Gloss White Spray Paint

$14.39

1cf25cc8a120568a2791f25ad2563e5e3de70f65.jpeg

Jumback BBQ - Dulux 300g Metalshield

Epoxy Enamel Spray Paint Flat White

$12.90

s-l1600.jpg Pots - Crommelin 1L Liquidstone Terracotta

$26.90

MF04612.jpgLounge Primer - Dulux 1L PRECISION

Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White

$40.30

6271779-1_2.jpgDulux 4L Exterior Paint

Weathershield Low Sheen Vivid White

$88.50

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Newly renovated outdoor area - DIY

Hello @LaCasaDIY

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your renovated outdoor area.

What a beautiful makeover! If I look at the pictures long enough, I can start hearing the ocean. I love the Mediterranean vibe you've put in. Everything is where it should be and it looks so relaxing. I can understand why you would want to spend more time outside. It feels like you're on vacation. 

Thank you for sharing your materials list. I'm sure our members will appreciate the fact that it doesn't have to cost an arm and leg to get the look you're after. If you have any other projects on the go, please don't hesitate to share them.

Again, thank you for sharing your outdoor makeover project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Really nailing that Mediterranean look!

Remarka6le
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations @LaCasaDIY. That looks like a wonderful area that your family and friends will enjoy for many years to come. 

Fantastic to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community and share your first project with us. We're looking forward to seeing what you tackle next. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share with other members. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TerryN
Having an Impact

Re: Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project

Hello @LaCasaDIY, What an outstanding job.It's looks great and what a place to relax for you and the family.

redbournreno
Having an Impact

Gorgeous @LaCasaDIY !  That is a wonderful transformation.  I love you added the chunky features and warmth to the space.  But the white elements really lightened and brightened it up.  I think I should invite myself around for a cocktail, BBQ and to watch the footy.

Jesse1
Having an Impact

It looks absolutely fabulous!  Makes you feel like you’re on Mykonos!!

West-Newman
Getting Established

Congratulations on a truly stunning transformation, I love it!

johnkitchen
Finding My Feet

Wow. I love this outdoor area. Looks amazing. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the TV being above the BBQ.

misszoe111
Getting Established

Looks so good. Thank you for sharing.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects