Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mini succulent table garden ideas wanted

Olivia_p
Just Starting Out

Mini succulent table garden ideas wanted

Beginner, no tools no experience. Asking for suggestions.
I rent a small apartment with a tiny balcony.

Half of which my partner uses for his grill, the other half I use for my plants. I recently took interest to taking care of succulents. I “repurposed” a table I found in the garbage area, and I am thinkin a succulent table garden (with a mini landscape and all). :smile: attached is the side of the balcony I can work with, the table ai repurposed (not very strudy) and the succulents that I have (not a lot -but hoping I can add). Btw, I used zebrina as “cover” to hide the unsightly gardening tools a the bottom left. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mini succulent table garden ideas wanted

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Olivia_p. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a succulent table garden.

This sounds like a fabulous project, and I'm keen to assist. Just so we all know what we're working towards, do you have any inspiration pictures? I'm sure we can help with how to build the structure, but I'd like to know a bit more about what exactly you'd like.

Have you thought about using the current table? If you were to add timber around the top, which is screwed together and into the tabletop, that should reinforce it substantially. You could then drill some drainage holes in the timber top and paint the inside with a pond sealer to protect the timber. You'll then be able to fill it up with succulent mix and plant it out. I've created some renderings below to illustrate.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your project and assisting. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Tab1.pngTab2.pngTab3.pngTab4.pngTab5.pngTab6.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Wow! Thats really helpful, thank you!  I will do that and will update you. Thanks again, esp for the illustrations, it looks easy for me to follow :smile: thank you again ^_^

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Please keep us updated on your progress @Olivia_p. Our helpful members are here to assist you, so shout out if you get stuck.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects