Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mural at front door of mid-century modern house

jemma11
Having an Impact

Mural at front door of mid-century modern house

Our front entrance was bland and gloomy so I decided to paint a mural inspired by the shapes and colours in the native gardens around our Sydney home.  Looking closely I’d never realised how many circles there are in Aussie natives….think Wattle, Gumnuts, the fruit of the Lilly Pilly. 
It’s lifted the space and provides some interest for visitors.
Done using Chalk Paint on an external acrylic house paint base, sealed with water based matte varnish. 

981DE3BF-3EF0-4DD3-ABBC-DC0CACF25E9B.jpeg

7B9C3152-49E8-4120-9B38-5C4B92EC33AC.jpeg

67337D31-D90F-4567-9A84-D5EE6BE76AD0.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mural at front door of Mid Century Modern House

Well, isn't that just gorgeous, @jemma11! What a treat for visitors to your home to be presented with handpainted artwork. 

You'll need to watch out after setting the bar so high with your Dramatic cloud feature wall and now this piece. Next, we'll be expecting a full-brown ceiling fresco. I can't wait to see it! 😄

Many thanks for sharing your work with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Mural at front door of mid-century modern house

Great work @jemma11, thanks so much for sharing another inspiring use of paint.

Looks terrific. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Re: Mural at front door of mid-century modern house

I fully agree with @MitchellMc on your creation @jemma11 .  It is so beautiful!  I have a tall paling fence outside that is crying out for a freshen up and your mural has inspired me to do something a bit more creative!  Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project!  👏

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects