Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My project using Steel-Deck frame system from Bunnings Special orders

Mac43
Finding My Feet

My project using Steel-Deck frame system from Bunnings Special orders

8072581C-3381-472F-B7C3-0BE5155A6054.jpegI have made decks in the past using treated pine but they don’t always last the distance. I discovered a deck frame system available through Special orders from Steel-Deck.  They were fantastic to deal with. I sent them the dimensions and was supplied with a complete quoted plan including all posts and fixings. The how package was delivered to me along with the decking planks I requested.Displayed on Bunnings websiteDisplayed on Bunnings websiteSpecificationsSpecifications973F4D03-AB38-4ECE-8BD3-E12EE133346A.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My project using Steel-Deck frame system from Bunnings Special orders

Hello @Mac43

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your steel deck frame build.

That steel deck frame looks very strong. How long did it take to produce the frame before they delivered it to your house? What were the recommended screw fixings for the timber deck? Did you attach it to your existing deck or is it free-standing? I'm sorry for the many questions, I'm sure our members would love to know more about your deck assembly. Any tips or advice you can provide about your project would be much appreciated.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the deck stained and ready for use.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hughs777
Growing in Experience

Looks bloody good! (And strong). Good work. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @hughs777

Thank you for joining the discussion. I'm sure @Mac43 will appreciate the compliment. Are you planning on building something similar? Do you have any projects you are currently building? If you need any assistance or information regarding your project, please let us know. We are more than happy to help.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects