Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need steel cable railings for decks with wooden top

brotty
Just Starting Out

Need steel cable railings for decks with wooden top

I need steel cable wire and steel posts with wooden top for deck size 3.66m (1 side) and 3.200m (2 sides) please. Advise cost for this. 

Thanks Brotty

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need steel cable railings for decks with wooden top

Hello @brotty 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about steel cable railings for your deck.

I suggest having a look at the available square steel posts at the store. There are many varieties and come in different sizes and lengths, but the most common lengths are 3-meters. I recommend speaking to the special orders team of your local store so that they can find out if the posts come in the size and length that you need. Please make sure to bring the specifications of your steel posts.

In regards to the wire, there is a brand called Pinnacle Steel Wire they are available in different lengths and thicknesses. They also have a Pinnacle Timber Hook/Eye Turnbuckle W/Eye Screws Balustrading Kit if you are needing one. 

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the wooden top for the steel posts. Perhaps you can show us a photo of what you are after? I might be able to track it down for you.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects