Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor Kaboodle kitchen

New Contributor

Outdoor Kaboodle kitchen

Good afternoon guys. 
I’m looking to build an outside Kaboodle kitchen. 
I’m at a loss on how to design the BBQ drop in section. 
It would seem I’m missing something? Or are people altering an aspect? 
I just want draws into one side 900

then maybe some cupboards under the bbq and then I’m having a fridge under the other side. Very simple.. well so I thought. All Kaboodle bases are 720 high, so how do you get the bbq drop in section? Raise the sides? Get cupboards n cut down? Please enlighten me, as I am in fear I’m over complicating the situation.

Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor Kaboodle kitchen

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RayaJane. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, I have confirmed with Kaboodle that their cabinetry and benchtops are not designed to have BBQ's built into them. As the cabinets are constructed from timber this would pose a fire risk and they could be damaged from excessive heat. Kaboodle recommends a free-standing BBQ with air gaps between it and any cabinets. I've posted an image below of a suitable setup for an alfresco Kaboodle kitchen. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had any questions.

Mitchell

Kab Alfresco.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
New Contributor

08807C3B-F98D-47C8-BD6B-29743CA5CBD0.jpeg

 this is a Bunnings display. I would be installing a stone/concrete bench between bbq n the cupboards. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the photo @RayaJane, I'm sure that will really help @MitchellMc provide assistance to you when he is back on the site tomorrow. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @RayaJane,

Many thanks for the image and the additional information that you'll be using a natural stone/concrete benchtop.

The supplier used in this display is Essential stone and their suitable colours are caviar and liquorice. These two colours are both fire-rated and suitable for exterior use. As you have mentioned a concrete benchtop would also be appropriate.

The drop-in section is created with three 600mm slimline cabinets positioned on their sides.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects