Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor bathroom with solid rock floor

matweb
Building a Reputation

Outdoor bathroom with solid rock floor

IMG_8802.jpg

finished floor in outdoor bathroom

IMG_8490.jpg

when making an outdoor bathroom floor out of rock seamed like a good idea

Started to cart in the rocks and place in a crusher grit base while trying to keep it flat

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8742.jpg

 all rocks in place and held there with crusher grit, it was then hosed in for a few days to help it settle 

IMG_8769.jpg

 next step was to dig out some of the crusher grit down about 80mm ready for the motar grout

IMG_8770.jpg

 made a strong mortar grout using sand cement and bondcrete scooping it in and filling all the joints

IMG_8771.jpg

 once it dried out enough we hand washed it to get excess motor off the rocks with a water and acid solution 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor bathroom with solid rock floor

Another impressive project on a significant scale @matweb. Well done. 

When you say "seemed like a good idea" - I take it you wouldn't do it again or recommend others tackle it? Certainly all your hard work looks like it was worth it from here!

Thanks for sharing. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
matweb
Building a Reputation

It was definitely worth while, but the rocks were extremely heavy and took some lifting, I had to first get them on the back of my ute one at a time could only put about 8 or 10 on at a time as they are quite large some ar 30-40cm long and 20cm round. Maybe if anyone would like to attempt something similar I would suggest maybe sourcing a cut version if that is possible

Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@matweb 

Huge undertaking, looks fabulous, you should be very proud of what you've done.

I laid some standard bricks in my garden as an edging to mow up to and it was hard enough to make sure they were level and they're not uneven like rocks!!

Well done and welcome to the community workshop community, I'm sure you will love and and learn allot as well as impart allot of knowledge too.

Cheers,

Barbara

matweb
Building a Reputation

Thank you for you kind comment.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects