Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor entertaining area using pallet wood

AdamPalmer
Finding My Feet

Outdoor entertaining area using pallet wood

20210723_170846.jpg

Made an outdoor BBQ area out of pallet wood i recycled from work. Ended up buying proper anchors and supportwood to make sure the bench tops were solid and secure. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Outdoor entertaining area using pallet wood

Hi @AdamPalmer,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It is wonderful you have decided to join us and share your outdoor entertaining area. You'll find that the community is a great place to get and give inspiration and advice. If you should ever need help on the forum, please feel free to reach out. 

This is a fantastic project, you've done a really great job on it and can imagine it would be very budget-friendly with using pallet wood. Did you use wood glue for the bench tops or nails? Any advice for someone looking to make a similar project? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the reply Katie. 

And I used nails for securing the counter top and front facing wood to the framing that I built underneath. I also did sand and seal the wood with decking oil to protect it from the elements. 

And the only advice I really have is to sand and finish the wood before it has the chance to get wet and warp slightly. It will reduce the sanding time. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you so much for letting us know your process and the advice @AdamPalmer. I am sure this project will inspire many of our community members. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects