Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor fire pit and seating area: Chilax by the fire

cmp3121
New Contributor

Outdoor fire pit and seating area: Chilax by the fire

1E2A0DA7-9231-4050-A099-EBDD93D21549.jpeg

After wanting somewhere quiet and relaxing to sit after a long day at work to have a coffee or a cocktail, or to laze around and nap or read a book, I decided to make this fire pit and seating area. All done by myself. And after having to level the ground, a lot of shoveling, sand, gravel and rock and installing a small retaining wall and decorating with some small plants and fairy lights, it is an amazing area to sit and relax by the fire, or have a night with friends and family. 

2E1A0B4E-9005-4D7A-A008-B80C4D0DE116.jpeg

KatieC
Member Engagement
Member Engagement

Re: Chilax by the fire

Hi @cmp3121,

Let me first extend a warm welcome from the Bunnings Workshop community. It is wonderful to have you join us and share your fire pit zone project. This is such a great project, it may even make it into our fire pit outdoor entertaining areas top ideas one day! 

Your new chillax area compliments your lush green yard so very well. I especially like your swing chairs, was that hard to set up? Any words of advice for someone looking to create a zone like this of their own? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cmp3121
New Contributor

Hi Katie. 
no the swing chairs were easy. Have holes dug and concrete in some pine posts then I attached another pine post to the top of it and secured with long screws and brackets, then I used wider pine to place over the top of the top post (both on the front and back)  to make it a nicer finish and then attached the two smaller posts in the corners to give it extra support. Then I used long eye boots and drilled the into the top beam and secured them and used shackles to hold up the chair. There’s a bit too it but it’s quite easy enough. Good luck with your project. 

KatieC
Member Engagement
Member Engagement

Hi @cmp3121,

Thank you for the detailed process! I have saved your project in my bookmarks, I'll make sure I tag you once we have created our swing chairs later this year. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects