Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen ideas wanted

gruffy008
Just Starting Out

Outdoor kitchen ideas wanted

Hi,

Looking for some ideas in building outdoor kitchen.

Will be using Kaboodle, need to make waterproof as possible...

Stone top and waterfall ends with stone..

Any ideas on door material to be used...

Somethink like the following:- refer to photo (will be open at top)BBQ Bunnings.jpg

Regards,

Greg 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Posts

Welcome to the Workshop community @gruffy008. Thanks for your question, I'd be happy to start the discussion off.

Great choice on using Kaboodle products to put together an outdoor kitchen, their contemporary design and moisture resistance make them ideal products to use.

You may like to post a picture of the area where your outdoor kitchen will be placed, as this will give our helpful members more idea of styling options and assist in their suggestions.

Kaboodle kitchen cabinets are moisture-resistant and suitable for undercover areas. I see you want them to be as water-proof as possible, please be advised they are not suitable for exposed areas where they will be in contact with rain. It is important to install them in an undercover area to protect them from elements.

Kaboodle recommends gluing and screwing all of your cabinets for better structural integrity, plus the glue acts as an extra barrier for moisture resistance. It’s also beneficial to apply a coat of glue to any exposed top and bottom edges. I would advise using Sikaflex 112 Crystal Clear Construction Adhesive for this purpose.

The frosted glass door from Kaboodle would make an excellent choice. Their construction achieves a contemporary styling and they also look fantastic paired with darker coloured benchtops/panels. But don't just limit yourself to this suggestion, why not check out the entire Kaboodle range online.

We can't wait to see your outdoor kitchen project come together, I'm sure our wonderfully creative community members will also have some great suggestions and advice for you.

If you need further assistance with the Kaboodle range of products or have other questions please feel free to let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Posts

Great project Greg (@gruffy008). Really looking forward to seeing what you can achieve. 

You might get some inspiration and helpful information from these discussions and projects that members have shared:

Hope that helps,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects