Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen makeover

jeffjen
Growing in Experience

Outdoor kitchen makeover

DIY Outdoor Kitchen with the works, all sourced from Bunnings.

After Outdoor KItchenAfter Outdoor KItchen

After Outdoor BBQ Front viewAfter Outdoor BBQ Front viewAfter Outdoor BBQ Side viewAfter Outdoor BBQ Side viewBefore Outdoor BBQ and Outdoor KitchenBefore Outdoor BBQ and Outdoor KitchenBefore Outdoor BBQ front viewBefore Outdoor BBQ front viewBefore Outdoor BBQ and Outdoor KitchenBefore Outdoor BBQ and Outdoor KitchenAfter Outdoor Kitchen and LoungeAfter Outdoor Kitchen and Lounge

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Outdoor kitchen makeover

Hi @jeffjen,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your amazing outdoor kitchen makeover. You'll find Workshop is a wealth of inspirational projects and advice for all things DIY and garden. If you ever need any assistance with the forum please do reach out. 

You have really done a fantastic job in utilising the space around your pool to create your BBQ zone and lounge area. How did you go about creating this project? Any words of advice for anyone looking to take on a similar project?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow, with the works is certainly an apt description @jeffjen. Congrats on creating an amazing space. I'm sure you will get many, many admirers here in the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks so much for sharing. Looking forward to reading more about how it all came together. 

Jason

jeffjen
Growing in Experience

Thank you Katie,

BBQ Zone - When we first purchased the property, the pool area seemed separated and had the best cool afternoon breezes in Summer but had no cover.  We set about creating an outdoor Pavilion and it escalated from there. We spend many more occasions around the pool, it offers cover come rain or shine. The BBQ was recently added as I just love having BBQ breakfast, lunch or dinner around the pool.

For the outdoor Kitchen - We had also renovated our kitchen and instead of getting rid of the cabinets, we decided to create an outdoor kitchen. My husband and I both done the concrete bench and also purchased the Amalfi Pizza Oven from Bunnings and it escalated from there.  We also used floor boards and resurfaced the outdoor cabinet fronts as they weren't really appealing.  

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @jeffjen,

I love that you reused the cabinets from your recent kitchen cabinet! I am sure this cut down costs as well. Great job, thank you for sharing how you created this amazing outdoor kitchen. It may even make it into our Top 10 most popular kitchen projects one day. 

Katie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects