Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor planter stands

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Outdoor planter stands

IMG_8604.jpegJust completed two more planter stands, previously I was inspired by .@joineryjo to make my own indoor planter stands, this time I decided to make two outdoor planter stands, these are made from using 19mmx 70mm x 1200mm merbau timber, I put them together with screws and glue for attaching the legs to the cross section and just glued the cross sections in to place, I used a water resistance glue and a water based decking oil for the finish, the stands are 40cm high  and take a21cm dia  x 22cm high tapered pot.

Materials purchased from Bunnings.

Now I just need some suggestions on what to plant in the pots.

IMG_8583.JPGIMG_8586.JPGIMG_8593.JPGIMG_8595.JPGIMG_8596.JPGIMG_8599.JPGIMG_8601.JPGIMG_8602.JPGIMG_8604.JPGIMG_8641.JPGIMG_8642.JPG

Community manager's note: Want to build your own plant stand? Experienced Bunnings Workshop member @JoeAzza has shared a comprehensive step-by-step guide How to build a planter stand with a full list of tools and materials required.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor Planter Stands

Wow, they look fabulous @JoeAzza! I really love the design, and those pots are a great selection. If you don't have kids around, some Agavas would be quite stunning.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust they will be of inspiration to our members.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Marny
Getting Established

Re: Outdoor planter stands

These are truly inspirational. I am a D.I.Y with practically no tools but I think I could have a go at these with your great illustrations. 

pete_brig
Making a Splash

Re: Outdoor planter stands

I like these just as much as the indoor stands you made. the wooden plug over th screws is a neat touch. Well done & inspirational!

I saw another post, followed up by @MitchellMc  how to make concrete pots ....I think these might go well with th stands. Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects