Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor sun lounge revamp

hayleyann
Building a Reputation

Outdoor sun lounge revamp

598F1F54-89C8-4979-A078-3A33E554D967.jpeg

I picked up these 2 Sunlounges and Timber was weathered pretty bad I spent a bit of time sanding them back and had to replace 3 bits of the timber slates in the middle of one lounge and remould the rounded timber edging. I then put a undercoat on them and then 2 coats of Matt white outdoor paint white in colour then sealed it with 2 coats of clear Matt varnish lightly sanding between the coats for added protection from the out door elements. I then put new rubber on the wheels and replace the dowel that held the wheels on as they had rotted and snapped. Also all 4 corners of both lounges had been chewed so I cut them back with a hand saw and sanded them back into shape and also put filler and glue in some of the timber through out them where they had split polished all the gold bolts and parts on the lounges 

3DBEA0CB-8F91-494B-804A-E2F964C2FD46.jpeg

2F04089C-4415-46E1-BE82-3BA39E59223A.jpeg

08E3BC17-2471-438C-A7B1-818831FD5FD5.jpeg

2D393AE0-2F82-4B95-B0EF-650105C576F3.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Outdoor sun lounge revamp

Hi @hayleyann,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is great to have you join us and share your upcycle project. You'll find that Workshop is a great source for all things DIY and garden. There are many wonderful articles out there including our Top Ideas page where projects like your may make it into our Top 10 most popular outdoor furniture projects one day. 

Your sun lounges came out fantastic! I especially like how the gold hinges pop beautifully against the white paint. Did you sand by hand or did you use a tool? This would have been a big task. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
hayleyann
Building a Reputation

Re: Outdoor sun lounge revamp

Thank you Katie I sanded by hand and with a sander 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects