Have gone through couple of videos and community posts on outdoor screens. I would like to get your advice on installing timber screens and also outdoor privacy screenshot near the fence to give my garden a better look. I have rounded up on couple of products which I believe would serve the purpose. However have some questions on installation:
Products which I found for the job:
1) free standing posts:
2) to anchor the freestanding post:
3) timber ( was thinking of putting these in between the posts):
4) outdoor privacy screens:
1) whites has an option of freestanding joiner post and corner post.. not sure which one to choose?
2) are there any instructions on fixing the anchor plates to the ground?
3) will the timber panels I selected fit in between the posts or should I look at other timber panels?
4) can the freestanding post I selected be used for installing privacy screens? Need some advice on how to install?
Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sankars. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.
The Whites 1970mm Screen Up Joiner Post is for creating a flat continuous wall in one direction and the Whites 1970mm Screen Up Corner Post is for when you need the wall to do a 90-degree turn at a corner. I've included two images below that illustrate the different post styles.
If you have a look at the product page for the Whites Screen Up Anchor Plate, on the left-hand side of the page you will find two videos on the installation process.
The free-standing joining posts have a 19mm gap to accept boards or panels into them. They are designed to suit Merbau decking or any 19mm board. The product you have selected is 15mm and will not fit snuggly. You might also find boards that are 15mm softwood will distort and warp over time as they are not fixed into position securely.
Whites range of OXY-shield decorative panels can be special ordered into our stores to suit the Screen Up system. The Matrix screens you have mentioned are 9mm thick and will be quite loose in the joining posts. You could fix Tek screws behind the Matrix screen in the channels to hold them securely in place. Privacy screens simply slide into the channels and there is no need to use the spacers supplied.
We look forward to seeing your screening project come together.
Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.
Thank you so much @MitchellMc
1) is the below option good enough for the slats?
2) the videos for anchor plates do not show how to install them. Would want to know if a quick set concrete would be enough for the anchor post
3) does the freestanding post package comes with braces and spacers? Or do I need to buy them separately?
4) how do I order the oxy shield privacy screens from Bunnings?
The SpecRite 90 x 19mm 2.25m FJ Merbau Decking - 5 Pack would be perfect for slats. Using Australian Builders 20kg Quick Set Concrete and creating a footer of 30 x 30 x 30cm would be adequate for anchoring posts. The freestanding posts come with one brace strip/cover strip, 44 x 20mm spacers and cap. You can purchase additional Whites 19 x 1970mm Screen Up Brace / Cover Strips separately if needed.
You can place an order for Oxy shield privacy screens in-store at our special order desks. Alternatively, if you are not able to access our stores in person you can place a special order over the phone or online.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.