Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

PVC Patio blinds

fclarke
Getting Established

PVC Patio blinds

does the width of the patio blinds refer to the measurement from Zipper to Zipper or the total distance from the  zipper skirt outer edge measurements ? .What is the difference between the 1800mm blind for Approx $75 and the  .75mm blind for $125 ?? will the cheaper model withstand reasonable wind gusts ??. What is the best method of securing the zipper skirt to the building ??

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: PVC Patio blinds

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fclarke. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

The width listed is the total overall width, including the side skirts. If you have an 1800mm gap to cover, it could be best to use the Marquee PVC Outdoor Cafe Blind - 2100mm x 2400mm Clear as it will give you 150mm on either side for mounting. 

The difference between the Marquee PVC Outdoor Cafe Blind - 1800mm x 2400mm Clear, and Bistro Blinds 0.75mm PVC Outdoor Blind - 1800mm x 2400mm Clear / Black is that the Marquee is our budget-friendly option, and the Bistro blinds our premium variety. Bistro blinds are Australian made with a 24-month guarantee to withstand tough conditions, including wind blowing at 60kph and have various accessories available, such as wall anchorsend extensionszip joiners, and tie-down straps to suit them. The Marquee variety is made from budget-friendly materials and carries a 12-month warranty.

The Marquee cafe blinds will withstand reasonable wind gusts. However, I would suggest that if you are expecting to see them buffeted by wind gusts often, then it would be an excellent decision to go with the premium Bistro blind variety. 

You should find this step-by-step installation guide useful: How to install Bistro blinds.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell   Thanks for your reply but (as per your advice i purchased a number of the 2100cm blinds bt unfortunately the aprons are only 5omm wide not 150mm so from zipper to zipper the actual width is 2000cm not 1800 as you thought  I hope i may be able to exchange these 2100 cm for 1800 and be able to get an extender apron 15cm wide .Or can you suggest another way  Thanks Frank

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @fclarke,

I apologise for the inconvenience and the confusion. I should have been more specific and let you know that the opening would be larger than 1800mm. I suggested the Marquee PVC Outdoor Cafe Blind - 2100mm x 2400mm Clear as that blind would be 300mm wider than your 1800mm gap, which allows you to mount it to a flat surface. My concern was that if you went with the 1800mm wide, there wouldn't be enough material to mount it. You are correct that purchasing additional extensions and using them on the 1800mm kit could solve the issue.

Was the issue with mounting the 2100mm blinds that you can't access the zips from inside? Are you mounting between two columns, an exterior surface or an internal surface? You might like to pop up an image showing where you'd like to mount the blind.

We would be more than happy to exchange the blinds for you. Please let me know if you would like some assistance with this process.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects