Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting Matrix fence extensions

New Contributor

Painting Matrix fence extensions

Can you paint the matrix fence extensions to Match the colour of your colorbond fence? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Matrix fence extensions

Hi @dhibbs,

Welcome to the Workshop community, we're pleased to have you join us. 

Let me tag the ever-helpful @MitchellMc who should be able to assist you with your painting question. In the meantime, you might be interested in seeing some of our most popular fence projects on the site.  

We trust that you'll get loads of helpful information and inspiration from our amazing community. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
New Contributor

Thank you Jason 

Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @dhibbs. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to answer it for you.

If you have existing Matrix fence extensions you can change the colour by using British Paints Spray Easy, which comes in a variety of colours. The longevity of the paint is not guaranteed by the manufacturer, however through testing it has given the best results. Make sure to clean all surfaces thoroughly and let them dry before applying paint.

The panel surrounds and fixings colour may also be changed. It is best to use a Dulux Metalshield, which is self-priming paint and suitable for pre-painted surfaces.

Alternatively, if you are looking at purchasing Matrix screening, the lattice variant is available in many Colourbond colours. 

matrix colours.png

Other styles of Matrix screens come in a few select Colourbond colours. Information on the full list of styles and colours are available through our Special Orders service.

If you would like any further information or assistance, please let me know. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects