Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Palet workbench

abhayks
Having an Impact

Palet workbench

B0876019-BE0A-45D6-8469-346EC1A40DC9.jpeg

Hi all, 

I was severely lacking a place to work, so when rains ( western sydney) stopped me totally from working on the wet floor; I decided enough is enough and set out to making a raised floor. 
used 2 pallets and spare MDF.

key requirements 

1) sturdy, should not shake while cutting with saw

2) have enough places to clamp

3) should have shelves to keep my tools 

4) should be able to slide my unused timber below the table

E706FBBA-D19F-4E3E-BDF8-9A9FF3D3FD2B.jpeg

The bench was going to be heavy, I was not confident about screws taking the load of bars and MDF, hence, dado was cut in the darker shade legs for the lighter shade bars to be better supported . MDF to slide in the remaining space. 

Rest is clear in photo. Once rain stops ( hopefully tomorrow) will run to Bunnings and get levelling-feet . Also had seen some drill bits which will help me cut holes in the MDF for putting in clamps. One trip to Bunnings and I’ll be sorted. 

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: palette workbench

What a great workaround to a tricky situation @abhayks! Did you have the shelves already? Or did you make those too?

We can't wait to see your projects come to life on your new bench.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
abhayks
Having an Impact

Thanks @JaneK . I’ve just

made the shelves today. Ran out of dry wood so praying to sun god to shine his warmth :smile: 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Palet workbench

Nice work @abhayks. I have featured your build on our Project Gallery as our community members love a good workbench project.  

Looking forward to seeing what you create next with it.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic work, @abhayks. I'm in Sydney and also have an exposed work area, which was flooded. I might have to build something like this so I can continue to work when it rains. I needed to stop work completely over the weekend as there was so much moisture in the air that I couldn't even sand timber. The timber became soaked in so much water from the air that sanding it just wasn't an option.

I really like that you've achieved all this from scrap pallets and at a very low cost. Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects