Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet couch day bed

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Pallet couch day bed

DayBed.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pallet couch/ day bed

Hi Marty (@Yorky88),

Congratulations, this project is now being featured on the Bunnings website. It would be great if you could share some detail about how you went about making the couch for Workshop visitors who are inspired by your work.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Hi guys 

So this rustic day bed was another one of my projects that I built with my students at the school I work in. I work with disengaged at risk youth and this was a fantastic way in to be able to break down some barriers and actually have some meaningful conversations with them. I found that when my students are doing something hands on like this they open up so much which is fantastic. 

We built this day bed completely from scrap wood. We had some waste building materials donated to the school by some of our contacts. The base frame is built from 2x4 H3 treated pine and then we cladded the outside using old Pallets. 

Zak
Just Starting Out

Hi Yorky

Which school you work at?

Cheers

Zak

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Zak,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. I will tag @Yorky88 so he receives a notification about your question.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. I'm looking forward to reading about your projects and plans and am confident you will receive a lot of useful help and inspiration from our community members.

Please let me know if you ever need any help getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Hi @Zak I work at Communicare Academy in Kenwick in Perth 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects