Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pergola

Franks
Just Starting Out

Pergola

Hi  I would like some advice on what timber sizes and type of timber to use to erect a 3m x 3m Pergola with a flat Colorbond roof.

Cheers

Frank

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pergola

Welcome to the Workshop community @Franks. I'd be please to assist with your question.

The type of timber needs to be suitable for exterior use. I can advise H3 treated LOSP primed pine for the project if using metal stirrups cemented into the ground. This timber is ready to be painted.

Here's a D.I.Y. step-by-step tutorial on How to build a pergola which I trust you'll find helpful for your project.

If you need further advice or information on these products, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community @Franks, we are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your backyard with your new pergola. 

I trust Mitchell's reply was very helpful. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand with this project or any others around the house and garden in the future. 

Jason

Hi

Would you space your Rafters 600mm apart?  Im just trying to calculate timber

Cheers

Frank

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Franks.

The spacing of rafters at 600mm is quite common. The spacing is variable a depends on your preference, but it is visually most pleasing if you keep the spacing consistent.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects