Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pirate ship play area for the kids

Sheree76
Just Starting Out

Pirate ship play area for the kids

received_2936622476454279.jpeg

received_255202719106972.jpeg

We have a backyard where it is near impossible to grow grass due to a massive poinsana tree but I wanted to come up with an idea for a cool cost effective play area for my kids. I came up with the idea of a recycled tyre pirate ship. I called the local car wrecker to price some old tyres much to my delight they gave me as many as I want. Then next was off to bunnings for supplies.

Supplies bought

2 x 75mm x 1.8m 

1 x 75mm x 2.4m treated pine poles

3 bags quick set concrete

3 x 200mm x 50mm x 1.2m

bunting flags from the builders safety section and telescope and steering wheel from the outdoor play area. My husband mounted the telescope on a piece of poly pipe he had at home. All paint was stuff I had at home already mixed between weathershield and cabots deck and exterior paint

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pirate ship play area for the kids

Love it @Sheree76, and I'm sure the kids do too! Many thanks for sharing your first project with the Workshop community. We hope it won't be your last as you clearly have fantastic creativity to share. We have loads of clever members sharing inspiring projects and helpful advice on the site every day so we're sure you will fit right in.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Welcome aboard,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects